The many any benefits of meditation
Updated: Aug 18, 2020
Many people who are not familiar with meditation think of it as woo-ha. And to be honest I did so as well until recently when a friend of mine invited me to join a WhatsApp group with friends to do a program of 21 days of guided meditation by Deepak Chopra at the beginning of the Corona crisis. If you are interested, I can share this program with you. I got hooked and after that started my own regular meditation practice and got to experience the benefits.
Today, there is a lot of scientific evidence available regarding the benefits of meditation. I want to share some of the most know benefits of mediation:
1. Stress reduction; mediation helps you reverse your body's stress response and helps you to relax physically. When meditation is practiced regularly, it helps you to build resilience to stress.
2. Improved sleep; meditation helps you to relax and control your thoughts better. This can shorten the time it takes to fall asleep and increase the quality of your sleep.
3. Improved self-awareness; meditation helps you develop a stronger understanding of yourself. You can learn to recognize thoughts that are harmful, and you can gain a better awareness of your habits. This allows you to steer your thoughts toward more constructive patterns.
4. Improved emotional health; meditation helps you improve self-image and allows you to create a more positive and optimistic outlook on life.
5. Improved attention span; meditation helps you increase the strength and endurance of your attention span. You can also focus on your tasks for a longer period of time.
Meditation is something everyone can do to improve their mental and emotional health. The key is to make the practice regular; even just a few minutes every day is better than 30 minutes once a week. You can practice meditation anywhere and at any suitable time of the day, even at the office (just find a quiet space). Consider setting your alarm a few minutes earlier in the morning. Early mornings are a great time to take advantage of quiet time. This may help you develop a consistent routine and allow you to get a positive start for the day.
If you are interested in learning more, get in touch with me: email@example.com.